Dr. Alma ValldeRuten attended dental school at Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Bogota, Colombia, graduating in 1978 with her B.S. Doctor of Dental Medicine degree, and again in 1981 with her M.A. Specialist in Stomatology (Oral Surgery and Oral Pathology). After coming to the United States, Dr. ValldeRuten attended Nova Southeastern University in Davie, Florida for her Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) degree and her Special Needs Certificate, which she achieved in 2012 and 2013, respectively. She has completed a number of advanced training courses throughout her career, including residencies for special needs patients and AEGD,Implants ,Botox, Fillers, and Invisalign. She has worked as a registered dental hygienist, surgical assistant, oral surgeon, family dentist, and as a professor of dentistry at institutions in Colombia (where she also served as Dean of the dental school) and in Florida (Nova Southeastern University)as an adjunct faculty in undergraduate Oral Surgery Clinic
Dr. ValldeRuten is a co-founder of the charity foundation Saint Apolonia in Bogota, Colombia and of the National Association of Stomatologists in Bogota, Colombia. She served as president of the Javeriana Alumni Association Atlantico Seccional from 1998-1999, and is the founder of the Satellite Universidad Javeriana School of Dentistry in Barranquilla, Colombia(Dental Assistant and Dental Hygienist programs)
Dr. ValldeRuten has won several awards, including the Dr. John Tabak Memorial Award for excellence in Special Needs Care Dentistry (June 2013). Her published works include:
- Computerized Medical and Dental History, ValldeRuten, Alma. Universidad Javeriana. Bogota, Colombia. 1980.
- Mandibular Fractures. ValldeRuten, Alma. Universidad Javeriana. Bogota, Colombia. 1978.
- Semiology I and II Manual for Undergraduate Students. ValldeRuten, Alma. San Martin University School of Dentistry. Barranquilla, Colombia. 1997.
- Oral Histology Manual for Undergraduate Students.ValldeRuten, Alma Gaitan, C. San Martin University School of Dentistry. Barranquilla, Colombia. 1996.
- Oral Pathology Manual for Undergraduate Students. ValldeRuten, Alma Gaitan C. San Martin University School of Dentistry. Barranquilla, Colombia. 1996.
To learn more about Dr. Alma ValldeRuten, please contact our office and schedule your appointment at ValldRuten Dental Associates!